Repair and calibration
Every test instrument requires periodic maintenance. Our Service Department consist of a Calibration Laboratory and a fully equipped repair shop. Our experienced personnel with extensive documentation library, in-house spare parts inventory and computerized replacement parts data base will restore your instruments to “as new” condition. Our Calibration Laboratory, located in a dedicated environmentally controlled area, is ISO9001 : 2015 registered. We offer certification service to suit your QMS programme. In collaboration with accredited testing laboratory we now offer 17025 accredited calibration.
We can calibrate your instrument in 48 hours if required. All of this to provide you with top quality, reliable and fast service when you need it.
REPAIR AND CALIBRATION
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
- What can you repair?
- We at Duncan Instruments service a wide variety of electronic test equipment. Starting from multimeters, ohmmeters, power meters and hi-pot testers through power supplies, oscilloscopes, tachometers to precision calibrators.
- What instruments can you calibrate and certify?
- We can calibrated and certify instruments with the following functions: AC and DC voltage and current, resistance, capacitance inductance and frequency.
- How much are you going to charge me for repair of my instrument?
- It is impossible to estimate accurately cost of repair before seeing the instrument. Therefore we will issue a written quotation no later than three days after receiving the instrument. The quotation states the delivery time and cost of parts and labour necessary to repair the instrument. We will never charge more then quoted cost. Material left at Duncan Instruments Canada Ltd., for more than 45 days will become the property of DICL and will be disposed of.
- What is the cost for the quotation?
- We do not charge for preparing the quotation in some conditions. Refused estimate may carry an inspection charge.
- Do I need a Return Authorization Number?
- No, you don't.
We do our best to limit unnecessary buraucracy. Return Authorization is just another form for you to fill-up and for us to handle. Please ship instruments requiring service to us and be sure to include your name, phone and fax number with the shipment. We will contact you promptly.
- How fast can I have my instrument calibrated/repaired?
- Our standard turn-around is two weeks for repair, and one week for calibration. The 48hours and on-site services are also available on request at extra charge. We consider fast turn-around to be one of the most important indicators of quality service. To ensure customer satisfaction we constantly monitor our performance. 80% of instruments are returned in less than 10 days, 60% in less than a week and 30% in two days or less.
- Can I have my instrument calibrated to ISO-9001 standard?
- Yes, we are registered to ISO9001 : 2015 and our calibration equipment is traceable to national standards.
- Can I have my instrument calibrated to ISO-17025 standard?
- In collaboration with accredited testing laboratory we now offer 17025 accredited calibration.
Some of our satisfied customers:
ABB Canada, Ainsworth, Allanson, Allied Signal, Black & Decker, Black & McDonnald, Canadian Welding Bureau, Coca-Cola Foods, Dupoint Canada, Epson Manufacturing, Fluke Canada, Ford Motor Company, General Electric, General Motors, Honeywell, INCO Canada, Indal Technologies, ITT Flygt, Kodak Canada, Kraft General Foods, Labatt Breweries, Molson Breweries, Noma, Novair, Novopharm, Ontario Hydro, Patriot Computers, Petro-Canada, Potacan Mining, Rolls Royce Canada, Rondar, Schneider Canada, Siemens Canada, Skycharter, Stelco, VIA Rail, Westinghouse,