AEMC 4630 Rechargeable Ground Resistance Tester Kit, 4-Point, 500ft
$ 3,046.67 CAD
$ 3,381.39 CAD
Digital 2 and 3-point ground resistance and 4-point soil resistivity tester plus touch potential. Kit includes a ground resistance tester with two 500ft color-coded leads on spools, two 100ft color-coded leads, one 30ft lead, two 5ft color-coded leads), four 14.5" T-shaped auxiliary ground electrodes, one set of five spaded lugs, 100ft tape measurer, and a carrying bag.
The AEMC 4630 Digital Ground Resistance Tester performs ground resistance and soil resistivity tests. This direct reading tester measures from 0 to 2000Ω, and is autoranging, so that it can automatically seek out the optimum measurement range.
Easy-to-use simply connect the leads, Press-to-Measure and read the results. The large LCD (nearly 3/4" high characters) is easy-to-read, and also indicates low battery status, overrange and test lead shorts and lead reversals. Three LED indicators on the front panel continuously warn the user of measurement problems to ensure accurate and reliable tests.
The AEMC 4630 Digital Ground Resistance Tester is fuse protected up to 250V AC against accidental connection to live circuits. In the event of a system fault, it can withstand 250V AC with spikes of 3000V AC or 1000V DC.
The heavy-duty field case is sealed against dust and water when closed. The meter itself is self-contained within an inner case providing additional environmental and insulation protection. The test button is also sealed against the elements.
- Measures soil resistivity (4-Point) method
- Measures ground resistance (2- and 3-Point) Fall-of-Potential method
- Step voltage tests and touch potential measurements
- Auto-Ranging: automatically selects the optimum range
- Designed to reject high levels of noise interference
- Extremely simple to operate: connect - press - read
- LED on faceplate informs operator of high input noise, high auxiliary rod resistance and fault connections
- AC powered with rechargeable NiMH batteries
- Rugged, dustproof and rainproof field case
- Can also be used for continuity tests on bonding
- Color-coded terminals
- Three-Point measurements of resistance to ground of ground rods and grids. Three-Point measurements are generally used when the electrode or grid can be easily disconnected, if corrosion is suspected, or in circumstances where ground faults are unlikely to occur
- Four-Point tests or soil resistivity measurements. Locating areas of lowest soil resistivity is essential for achieving an economical grounding installation
- Touch potential measurements, an alternative to 3-Point tests in evaluating electrical safety. This test is recommended when the ground cannot be disconnected, where ground faults are highly likely to occur, or when the "footprint" of grounded equipment is comparable to the size of the ground to be tested.
- Two-Point tests for continuity tests on bonding or on pre-established grounds. This test is commonly performed in urban environments where proper auxiliary electrode placement may be obscured by confined real estate. Measurements
are referenced against a good local ground conductor.
AEMC 4630 Specifications
|Measurement Range||0.00 to 19.99Ω
20.0 to 199.9Ω
200 to 1999Ω
|Accuracy||±2% of Reading ± 1ct
±3% of Reading ± 3cts
|Auxiliary Electrode Influence||Current Circuit: 200Ω; Voltage Circuit: 2000Ω
Current Circuit: 30kΩ; Voltage Circuit: 50kΩ
Current Circuit: 50kΩ; Voltage Circuit: 50kΩ
|Open Voltage||<42V peak|
What's included with the AEMC 4630 Kit-500ft
- Ground resistance tester
- 2 x 500ft red and blue leads on spools
- 2 x 100ft hand-tied green and black leads
- 1 x 30ft green lead
- 4 x T-shaped auxiliary ground electrodes
- Set of 5 spaded lugs
- 1 x 100ft AEMC tape measurer
- Ground tester workbook on USB stick
- Carrying bag