AEMC 6472 Digital Multifunctional Ground Resistance Tester with DataView Software, 2, 3, & 4-Point
$ 5,280.00 CAD
$ 4,780.92 CAD
One of the industry's most capable and versatile ground testers, measuring 2, 3 and 4-point ground testing, soil resistivity testing, earth coupling, bonding and touch potential plus clamp-style testing. Includes datalogging and software.
The AEMC 6472 Multi-Function Digital Ground Resistance Tester is a portable measurement instrument designed to measure Bond Resistance, Ground Resistance (with and without clamps), Soil Resistivity, Earth Coupling, Step & Touch Potential.
The AEMC 6472 measures from 0.01 to 99.99 kΩ and is auto-ranging, automatically seeking out the optimum measurement range, test frequency and test current. The adjustable test frequency (either manual or automatic) from 40 to 5078Hz test voltage provides rejection of high levels of interference, allowing it to be used under difficult conditions such as the presence of high stray currents that normally affect accuracy.Up to 512 test results can be stored in internal memory for later recall to the display or downloaded to a PC using DataView® software (included) for Automatic Report Generation, Automatic Fall-of-Potential Plot Generation, Frequency/Resistance Plots and much more.
- 4-Pole (4-Point) Fall-of-Potential measurement for very low resistance measurements with manual or automatic frequency selection and automatic lead compensation
- 3-Point Fall-of-Potential measurement
- 3-Point earth coupling measurement
- Manual or automatic frequency scan from 40 to 513 Hz for test accuracy in electrically noisy environments
- Earth coupling testing
- Selectable test voltage 16 or 32 V up to 250 mA test current
- 4-Point soil resistivity measurement with automatic calculation of Rho and user selection of Wenner or Schlumberger test method
- 2- and 4-Wire DC resistance measurement (Bond testing) with automatic polarity reversal
- Ground Resistance with 2 clamps (no auxiliary rods)
- Ground Resistance of Pylons with the GroundFlex® Adapter Model 6474 and GroundFlex® sensors allow the system to measure leakage current and ground resistance of tower legs without disconnecting the overhead ground conductor
- Includes DataView® software for data storage, real-time display, analysis, report generation and system configuration
- Auto-off power management
- Automatic recognition of all electrode connections and their resistance value
- Stores up to 512 complete test results in internal memory
- Optically isolated USB communication
- Rechargeable NiMH batteries from wall charger or vehicle power
- Rugged dustproof and rainproof field
- 3-Point measurements of resistance to ground of ground rods and grids. 3-Point measurements are used when electrode or grid can be easily disconnected.
- 4-Point tests or soil resistivity measurements. Locating areas of lowest soil resistivity is essential for achieving an economical grounding installation.
- Touch and step potential testing measurements. These tests are recommended when the ground cannot be disconnected, where ground faults are highly likely to occur, or when the "footprint" of grounded equipment (the outline of the part of equipment in contact with earth) is comparable to the size of the ground to be tested.
- 2- or 4-Wire tests for continuity tests on bonding or on grounding systems. Test is a DC resistive test using 250mA or more and is used to check bonding of all connection points on the ground system.
- Earth coupling measurement and display. Used to estimate the influence of two earth resistance systems that are not connected to each other.
AEMC 6472 Specifications
|Range (Auto-Ranging)||0.09 Ω to 99.9 kΩ|
|Resolution||0.01 to 100 Ω|
|Test Voltage||Nominal 16 or 32 VRMS user selectable|
|Resistance Measurement Frequency||41 to 5078 Hz automatic or user selectable|
|Test Current||Up to 250 mA|
|Accuracy||±2% of Reading + 1 ct @ 128 Hz|
|2 Clamp Measurement|
|Range||0.01 to 500 Ω|
|Resolution||0.01 to 1 Ω|
|Measurement Frequency||Auto: 1611 Hz
Manual: 128 Hz, 1367 Hz, 1611 Hz, 1758 Hz
|Soil Resistivity 4-Pole Measurement|
|Test Method||Wenner or Schlumberger selectable with automatic calculation of test results in Ω-meters|
|Range (Auto-Ranging)||0.01 to 99.99 kΩ
ρ Max: 999 kΩm
|Resolution||0.01 to 100 Ω|
|Test Voltage||16 or 32 V user selectable|
|Frequency||From 41 to 128 Hz selectable|
What's included with the AEMC 6472
- Digital Multifunctional Ground Resistance Tester
- Optical USB Cable
- Power Adapter 110/240V with Power Cord 115 V US
- USB stick with DataView software and ground tester workbook
- User Manual
- Carrying Bag
- Rechargeable NiMH Battery Pack